- Ginger-Chili Aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Kona Coast® Brand Ginger Chili Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Pineapple-Pepper Relish:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Deli Sliced Mild Pepper Rings
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta® Deli Sliced Roasted Sweet Bell Pepper Strips, chopped
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 fully-cooked chicken apple sausages
- 2 Tbsp Mezzetta® Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil
- 4 soft sandwich rolls
- 2 Tbsp dark rum
- 4 sprigs cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees. Mix together mayonnaise, Kona Coast Ginger Chile Sauce, and chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Toss together pineapple, onion, Pepper Rings, Roasted Bell Pepper Strips, rice wine vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice sausages so they lay flat and pan fry them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat, turning once, until heated through and nicely browned (about 8-10 minutes).
- While sausage is cooking, open sandwich rolls and place on a baking sheet. Heat in oven on low. Broil until just beginning to brown. Spread the rolls on both sides with aioli mixture and lay one sausage on each roll.
- Add pineapple-pepper mixture and rum to same skillet and sauté, scraping up brown bits, about 1 minute. Top sausage rolls with relish and serve, garnished with cilantro sprigs.
Special suggestion from Virginia: Serve with Maui-style potato chips and a Long Board Island Lager® from Kona Brewing Company. Listen to the waves roll in.